gluten-free, grain-free, low glycemic index
Soak 4 cups of nuts for about 8 hours (I use walnuts). Rinse and strain.
Add to a bowl with:
- -1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- -1/2 cup almond meal flour
- -1 cup applesauce with no added sugar
- -20 drops of vanilla liquid stevia
- -1/4 cup coconut sugar
- -2 tbsp chia seed meal
- -2 tsp cardamom (lower amount if it is really fresh)
- -2 tsp cinnamon
- -1 tsp ginger
- -1/2 tsp sea salt
Combine the two bowls. Dehydrate (or bake in oven at lowest heat) at 115 degrees overnight, or until it’s dry and crunchy.
adapted from SpunkyCoconut